Lindsey Vonn Walks Runway on Crutches During New York Fashion Week--See the Pic!

Vonn clearly didn't let a knee injury get in the way of strutting her stuff on the runway. Especially when it's for a very worthy cause.

With the aid of crutches, the champion skier rocked a red Cynthia Rowley dress at New York Fashion Week on Thursday on behalf of The American Heart Association's Go Red For Women campaign. The show was designed to help promote women's heart disease prevention.

"I'm excited and nervous--this is not my spiel," Vonn told Today prior to making her grand entrance. "It'll be interesting to see how fast I get down there. I'm a skier; I don't normally walk the catwalk...especially in crutches."

Sure enough, the 29-year-old athlete successfully made it, triumphantly raising her crutches in the air at the end.

Vonn, whose knee injury forced her to pull out of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, will be working as an Olympic correspondent for Today and NBC Sports.

During an appearance on Today on Jan. 28, Tiger Woods' significant other told Matt Lauer that while it's going to be "so hard" to watch her former teammates compete at the Olympics, she's "gonna be skiing next year, and the year after that, and the year after that."

"After making the decision not to compete in Sochi, I have actually committed myself to racing through to the next Olympics [the 2018 Winter Games in South Korea]," she said. "I'm very motivated. I have a lot that I want to accomplish still. I'm going to take my time. I felt a little bit rushed last time, trying to be back and ready for Sochi. I'm not going to probably ski until October."

(E! and Today are both part of the NBCUniversal family.)

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment