Word On The Street! The Truth About Blurred Lines

THE SHOCKING TRUTH ABOUT BLURRED LINES


Robin Thicke: 'Pharrell Wrote Most Of 'Blurred Lines', I Was On Drugs'
Singer makes shock confession and reveals the real reason why wife Paula left him during his deposition over whether the track ripped off Marvin Gaye's tune 'Got To Give It Up'...
  

Robin Thicke has admitted that Pharrell Williams wrote "almost every single part" of their smash hit collaboration Blurred Lines because he was high on drugs at the time. The singer's shock confession came during the pair's recent deposition, with both Thicke and Williams taken to court by Marvin Gaye's children over claims their track ripped off the late legend's 1977 tune Got To Give It Up.


In documents obtained by The Hollywood Reporter, Thicke states that he was "high on Vicodin and alcohol" while Pharrell made the song - despite previous claims that he had been heavily involved in the production of Blurred Lines. When asked if he was present in the studio, Robin replied: "I was present. Obviously, I sang it. I had to be there."
 

However, speaking of his involvement in creating the track, the 37-year old confessed: "To be honest, that's the only part where - I was high on Vicodin and alcohol when I showed up at the studio.  "So my recollection is when we made the song, I thought I wanted - I wanted to be more involved than I actually was by the time, nine months later, it became a huge hit and I wanted credit. 


"So I started kind of convincing myself that I was a little more part of it than I was. I wanted some credit for this big hit. But the reality is, is that Pharrell had the beat and he wrote almost every single part of the song."

 


Thicke went on to explain that he lied about his involvement as he "thought it would help sell records", allegedly adding that he "didn't do a sober interview" in 2013 as he "had a drug and alcohol problem for the year". The Give It 2 U hitmaker is also said to have revealed that his drug and alcohol use was the reason for his split from wife Paula Patton, claiming: "I told my wife the truth. That's why she left me."


Speaking of why he let Robin take credit for the creation of the tune, Pharrell explained during his own deposition: "This is what happens every day in our industry. "You know, people are made to look like they have much more authorship in the situation than they actually do. So that's where the embellishment comes in."

It is thought that Thicke has now been sober of Vicodin for months, but continues to drink. Thicke's attorney Howard King is thought to have tried to keep Robin's deposition comments private, claiming they were not relevant and would be used to "distract attention from the real issues and to embarrass, harass, and annoy Plaintiffs."


King later stated: "Robin's moment of personal vulnerability is being exploited in the hope of diverting attention from the obvious weakness of their legal claim."


Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Easyblaze

Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment